Saturday, March 7, 2015

Parsley Dill Soup on the Stove!

Chinese Soup Container, Frozen in Bowl, Fresh in Measuring Cup
I say every winter season I'm going to make more homemade soup.  It doesn't always work too well.  This year I have been terrible.  I have shared the recipe for Parsley Dill Soup from my friends at Buffalo Spring Herb Farm (no longer open) in Virginia several years ago.  It is a favorite of The Herbal Husband and mine.  Very easy to prepare and we have to double it because we love it for several days.  Hope you enjoy it.  Parsley is one of the easiest herbs to preserve.  I love to measuring out what I need for a recipe and place it marked in a Chinese Soup Container.  Really I don't think you can tell (well maybe a little) which is the frozen and which is the fresh.  I also have to give a shout out to my herb buddy and Virgo sister, Kathleen Gips who has taught me so much over the years about herbs.  I added a bit of the lovage inspired herb mix she taught an herb class to make at the beginning of cooking time and a bit at the end to finish off the soup.  It was very yummy if we do say so!

Finished Soup!  It was Delicious!

An Herb Seasoning Mix I Made In A Class Taught by Kathleen Gips!
We are finally in the 30's today and will be in the 40's tomorrow and maybe 50 by midweek!  Can't see the ground yet, but as I said on Facebook yesterday a bit of sun makes everything better.   Hopefully I will be back in the garden soon!  Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday wherever you may be.  Talk to you later.

No comments: