Saturday, February 28, 2015

Almost Over and Some Rosemary Talk!

We Have Blue Sky Today, But Still Cold!
Well, I can say with certainty that I will not miss this February nor winter for that matter.  While we didn't get all of the snow that New England got, we did have one of the coldest Februarys on record here in the 'Burgh.  Brrr!  I really think I have had a brain freeze as well.  While I started off the month getting a bunch of little projects done, I have come to a grinding halt and haven't gotten much done at all for the last two weeks.

And winter isn't done with us yet.  Tomorrow we are getting a snow and rain event.  I think maybe a bit more rain than snow hopefully.  But who knows.  Looking forward to seeing the entire garden and looking for signs of herbal life soon.  Hopefully it is spring where you are, we are not quite there yet!

BTW, we (Kathleen Gips and I) were talking about our rosemarys on the windowsill on Facebook this morning and this next bit of time is when you can lose a rosemary in the blink of an eye.  Mine are still doing fine on the western windowsill.  Hope yours are doing well.  Here is an article from Mother Earth Living about The Essence of Rosemary: Help Rosemary Survive the Winter.  Talk to you next month and maybe I'll be out in the herb garden!

Prostrate Rosemary Still in Bloom!

No comments: