Thursday, January 23, 2014

Making Herbal Tea Blends!

A Small Collection of Tea Cup and Mugs
I have really been busy behind the scenes making up herbal tea blends and trying them out for my upcoming blog post for Mother Earth Living.  Yes, I have been holding out on you!  Some of the cups and mugs above have had a workout.  The cup and saucer in front has an herbal theme from my herbal companion, Bonnie.  The hand decorated mug in the back left has a holder for a tea bag.  The mug in the middle has a bouquet of johnny-jump-ups and the mug to the right has a ceramic insert for straining loose tea and a lid to keep the essential oils while steeping.

I have become a real tea drinker because I can't drink coffee any more because of my GERD.  So I have a lot of containers on my worktable in the basement full of herbs just right for teas.  There are several booklets that I found that have some great herbal recipes.  Here is one from the booklet called Beverages with Herb Scents from the Western Reserve Unit of the Herb Society of America called Une Tisane Francaise.  In the description it says:
"A classic blend for just about any occasion.  Good alone; no food needed.  The Lavender blossoms bestow a certain peaceful quality.  Some people like it before bedtime."
Une Tisane Francaise
Made 26 teabags

2 cups Lemon Balm leaves, crushed
1 cup Mint leaves, crushed
1/2 cup Lavender Blossoms

It is very tasty.  I think you will enjoy it.  I steeped the blend for 5 minutes.  It was just perfect.

Dried Herbs for Une Tisane Francaise
 It is very cold and snowy here!  Hope you are staying warm with a cup of herbal tea!  Talk to you later! 

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I need to drink more herbal teas. Wish I had some right now, but I am at work and didn't bring any to make. I need to remedy that tomorrow.

Have a great afternoon and evening and keep warm.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Herbal teas are one of the great perks of herb gardening, FL! Remember your herbal tea! Love to you from The Herbal Husband and moi! xo

Herbaholic said...

Ohhhhh that recipe looks lovely, will get it on my list to try! I love that teapcup and saucer, I have a collection of herbal mugs as well, we'll have to compare them.

And YEAH for some reason comments are working for the UK again <3 Much love from this side of the pond HS :)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

See it does work. If only I can get my act together! :) There are a lot of similarities in us, HS! Thanks for trying again to comment! xo

Carol said...

I've been doing tea blends this week too. Some just for flavor and some for remedies. I've had to give up coffee this year too and it was killing me at first...cause I do love my coffee ♥ Now I've just expanded my tea collection and enjoying it . Will have to give the Lavender/Mint one a try :)