Monday, October 8, 2012

Sometimes Leaves are Larger than Flowers!

'Dwarf Cherry Rose' and 'Jewel Peach Melba' from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
These were supposed to be nasturtiums ideal for containers, but I think that is an exaggeration.  These leaves are as big as a small plate.  I often use them as doilies for vegetable plates when serving dip and crudites.  Very effective.  Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds has a very photogenic catalog  These leaves are protecting the flowers underneath them.

'Buttercream' nasturtiums from Renee's Garden
One of my favorite online catalogs for seeds is Renee's Garden.  Most of my nasturtiums this year are from there and we haven't been disappointed!

2 comments:

Khuram said...



Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out
for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
heirloom seeds

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Khuram for your kind words.