Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Getting a Jump on the 2013 Herb of the Year, Elder!

OK, I know it isn't quite 2013 (Elder is the Herb of the Year, 2013.), but here is a little gem that won't cost you an arm and a leg.  It's from my friend, Tina Sams at The Essential Herbal magazine.  It is an e-book.  I always like the feel of a book in my hand, but for $5.00 plus tax in my case because I'm in Pennsylvania, you can download this book to your computer.  I will be learning about elder right along with all of you.  So get a head start and think about purchasing this book.  It's 40 pages and it is just chock full of information.  The button on the right hand side of my home page will take to The Essential Herbal store.

Went to see Trouble with the Curve last week which was good.  Today we went to see The Master.  Tremendous performances, but a strange little movie.  It was a bit too long.  I would say both male Oscars will come from this movie.  Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman are both brilliant as is Amy Adams in a lesser role.  Well, sorry to be posting so late.  Getting close to the end of my jelly making for the season.  Hope you have all had a great day.  Talk to you later.
Elderflower in Our Garden Last Year

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Elder flower is one of my favorite medicinal herbs. I drink elder flower tea at the first sign of a cold. It works! Alas, I don't have room to grow this shrub that wants to be a tree!!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

See this is the kind of information I need to know about elder. Mine is in the shade and I'm sure it would do better if I had it more in the sun! Thanks for stopping by, Barbara. xxoo Nancy