Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Can't Believe How Time Flies, Herbally Speaking!

Yes, they really did bloom for Thanksgiving!  Sorry I have been delinquent in posting lately!  Didn't take an herbal timeout like I normally do!  Just decided to play possum!  Again, too many exclamation points!  Oh, well, when you haven't posted for awhile, you forget what you can get away with.  Well, just like my dear friend, Sharon Lovejoy, we got wrapped up in our preparation and tasting and forgot to take those all important holiday photos!  Tonight is leftovers night so The Herbal Husband and I will style it just like it was for Thanksgiving (or almost) and I'll post it right here later on.  We both thought it was a best Thanksgiving dinner yet.  Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving day and dinner.  Now it's on to Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa.  Have I forgotten a holiday celebration?  Well, just thinking of those leftovers is making my stomach growl.  Will post a photo later.  Until then it is a very, very rainy day here in the 'Burgh so much so that flooding may become an issue!  Hope you have had a great day.  I'm happy to be posting again.  Will talk to you later.
Now that my tummy is full, I can describe what's on the plate.  At the top is orange cauliflower, going to the right turkey with gravy and then mashed Yukon gold potatoes and my herbed cranberry orange relish.  It was almost as good as Thanksgiving.  The only item missing was the Crescent dinner rolls.  I've got a small can waiting for the next round of goodies!  Talk to you later.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Thanksgiving Day Cactus are beautiful. Always nice to have flowers in the house - even early. Stay warm and dry!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks TG!

Anonymous said...

I bet Thanksgiving is a symphony for one's taste buds at your house!! Happy Holidays!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It was pretty darn good, FF! Thanks for stopping by!