Friday, November 20, 2009

The Season of Giving!


Yes, it is present time.  In this house, we look forward to figs around this time of year.  An early holiday present.   Nothing like a fig warmed by the sun!  This brown fig has no leaves, but it is still giving figs!  My favorite!  It was even holding on to the figs while we were visiting the beach!  I think this particular tree has given about 30 figs this year.  Not a record I'm told by The Herbal Husband, but still pretty good, I think.  Hope you are able to have fresh figs in your life.  It is a deliciously wonderful fruit.  The season of giving continues over the weekend!  Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Martha said...

I'm looking to adding a fig to the garden at LInderhof next year! I LOVE fresh figs!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

They are the best Martha!

Comfrey Cottages said...

wow, that little tree is a workhorse! cool picture of all the figs still on the bare branches:)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It is amazing Leslie and the figs are delicious! Even though they haven't been constantly out in the sun! Hope you are feeling better!