Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Don't Forget Those Late Herbal Bouquets and Herb Jellies!

This has been such an unusual year in the herb garden!  We still are cutting sweet peas in August!  I have to see whether there are any to cut today, September 1!  I try to have a bouquet on our dining table each day in the summer.  Doesn't always happen, but I try.  This morning when I turned the Maggie Oster 2009 calendar to September, I found the subject to be herb jelly!  Guess what I'm making this afternoon, lemon basil jelly.  The basil has endured temperatures in the low 50's and high 40's.  It is time to start cutting basil and making jelly.  You can find the recipe I use by clicking on the link for Renee's Garden and then click on cookbooks/recipes and then click on herb jellies.  It is my very favorite recipe to use for the scented basils, lemon, lime, cinnamon and anise basil among others.  I will be making cinnamon basil jelly later this week.

No comments: