Thursday, May 21, 2009

An Herbal Rite of Spring--Lily of the Valley Herb Farm!

This is a happy place that my neighbor (the Herbal Companion) and I come to each spring to savor the smell of herb plants and other flowers in the air. This is Lily of the Valley Herb Farm outside Alliance, Ohio. It is a two hour drive each way for us, but it is pleasurable knowing we will have such beautiful herbs to smell on the way home.This is a small herbal area where they have potted herbs inside. I forgot to take a picture of the display gardens. Oops, too busy buying herbs!

We stopped at my friend's to drop off some scented geraniums and her rock garden was in bloom and beautiful.

Here are the plants I bought at Lily of the Valley. The Herbal Husband may have an herbal stroke when he sees how many I bought! Have a lot of herbal holes to fill before company comes! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

2 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

what a lovley farm! thanks for sharing! awww glad your herbal companion and you had a nice time and my, didn't you come home with a nice big assortment!lol i looked over the link to the farm and all i can say is i am jealous!!lol big hugs :)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

The Herbal Husband didn't think I left any herbs for anyone else! LOL! You have some nice herb farms near you. I stop for herbs, herbal lunchs and dinners and old books! Big hugs for you!